work is so frustrating!!!!

Ok so just kind of a vent but I recently got a promotion to management at work I work at goodwill and today I was 15 mins late. My stepmother works in the vocational services department at my work and I went in and the assistant manager got pissy with me and gave me attitude. I was polite and walked away and went to vent to my stepmom. Well she heard me talking to her in her office and she storms into the office slamming the door open and almost knocking me down and gets into my face screaming at me. Literally in front of customers on the sales floor. I am so pissed and tomorrow I have to go in and close with her. So great tomorrow should be absolutely wonderfull! I guess I can put up with anybody for 9 hours.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• SOUNDS LIKE THE ASSISTANT IS JEALOUS YOU GOT THE PROMOTION OVER HER. BUT NOW THAT YOU ARE THE MANAGER THE BEST ADVICE IS YOU ARE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD OF PRACTICE WHICH MEANS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES TO ANYONE. SHE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE AFTER YOU HAD YOU BEEN MORE PROFESSIONAL-----YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED HER IN AND TALKED TO HER ABOUT HER ATTITUDE TOWARD YOU NOT GONE TO YOUR MOTHER--------NO VENTING TO OTHER EMPLOYEES---SET THE STANDARD. GOOD LUCK.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Your right and I did apologize to her and as I did she threw her hand in my face and said whatever. I know I will get no apology from her and that's not even the point. I just don't want to deal with her attitude and snottyness towards me for the rest of my days
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• U wont leave ur job because of her, she 's just jealous,
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 5:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I retired from a gov. job some years ago. I was in upper mgt. And let me tell you; you will always have these types of people to contend with. When one goes, another takes their place. You have to learn to deal with it in a ways that works for you or you'll go crazy. And that is why I hate a 'job'.
    Peodigy

Answer by Peodigy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Well I was working in retail and couldn't stand it anymore. I now work at home and make more at home then i did my day job. If your interested please contact me. It might change your life.

Danielle
    http:///www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2010