Can a nearly two week old baby be given gas meds and gripe water?

I gave my baby some infant gas drops. It's not helping him at all. Is it safe to give him some gripe water after giving him the gas meds? Its been about an hour

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never used gripe water, but i wanted to suggest chamomile tea..it worked great for my son when the gas drops did nothing.

as if this happens alot and you child is formula fed you might want to look into trying a different formula that is easier to digest...

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• my doctor wouldnt even let me use gripe water told me they wasnt enough research on it although i have heard good things about it i never used it i do agree with pp though you may want to look into changing the formula if he's ff
    Anonymous

• I've used gripe water and gas drops both - - for my kids, the gas drops worked better than the gripe water, but I know a lot of people who've had the opposite experience. I've never tried chamomile tea, but that would be a good choice too :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We gave Woodward's Gripe Water to our kids at that age...it really did work. We used to get it in Canada and just followed the dosage instructions on the label. Apparently there is a gripe water available here in the states now but from what I've read in other posts, it's not the same and we've never used it so I can't say about it one way or the other.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010