can my x boy friend take my unborn baby please help

im 6 1/2 months preagnt and im 17 my x boy friend is 18 and has a enhairdents of 500,000 form his grandpaw and him and his family said when the babys born hes going to take him away from me because they can buy a good lawer can he really take him away from me. i cant stop crying because i scread he can take him away and i no im 17 and im stupied for getting pregnant but this is my baby so please help me and thanks everyone

lilmom1993

Asked by lilmom1993 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Can your ex boyfriend spell correctly?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You're not stupid, sweetie! It's okay, calm down. They CANNOT take your baby from you unless you ARE doing something stupid, like using drugs or living in a pigsty. Don't invite dad to the birth, and don't put his name on the birth cert. They will have to sue for parental rights and then get a paternity test. When that comes back they will have to sue for partial custody, and they will get it, but if you're breastfeeding, usually, you will have a judge who will work around that schedule. They can't just take the baby from you, you have parental rights too.

From now on document all the contact you have with them, and especially every threat they make. It will make them look bad in court.

It's okay, don't freak! No one will take your baby.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• well if he tries to take your baby you could always get him locked up for statutory rape....He is 18 and you are considered a minor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Anon :01, in most states there is an age of concent that is less than 18 years, meaning that after about 16 a person can concent to sex with someone up to 4 years older. So that won't work.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• it kills me when I see a pregnant teen and they can not spell. Not trying to be mean...but this is why EDUCATION is important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Can't all you rude anons answer the question?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i'm seventeen and almost eight months pregnant. he might have the money to get the baby whatever it needs but my opinion is no one loves their child more than the mom. a baby needs love and to be held close. not to be raised by the boys parents because that's most likely what's gonna happen. prove him and his family wrong. money can buy a lot of things, but not the love, care and protection a mom can give. stay very strong for you and your baby
    new_mommy17

Answer by new_mommy17 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• NO HE CANNOT TAKE THE BABY AWAY SIMPLY BECAUSE HE HAS MORE MONEY. HE COULD GET VISITATION RIGHTS BUT THEY WOULD ALSO REQUIRE HIM TO PAY MEDICAL BILLS AND CHILD SUPPORT, HIM GOING TO COURT IS NOT A BAD THING, JUST LOOK AT IT LIKE HE WANTS TO BE IN THE BABY'S LIFE WHICH IS GOOD. GOOD LUCK!
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Stop all contact with him and his family. That is harassment. Don't invite him to the birth. Don't put his name on the birth certificate.

Stay in school if you can. Make sure you can pass a drug test, even a hair test. Keep your home clean.

First, he'll have to get a court ordered paternity test which can't happen until after the baby is born. That could take months. Then he'd have to pay child support as soon as paternity was proven. Most men back out when they have to pay child support. Seriously. Even men with money.

Then he's have to sue for custody which he would have to prove you are "unfit." That would be impossible since you are doing all the right things. You see how much hassle this would be for him? Yes, he is full of shit. Full of it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• He would have to prove you unfit to take your child. Breastfeeding will help you, that's your God given right to do that and it will keep the visits shorter as someone else said and that's something that NO man can do for your child.
    He's 18, chances are he doesn't have ANY idea what it's like to have a baby totally dependent on you and what guy WANTS to do all those diaper changing duties, bathing, walking the floor all night with a colicky baby etc...
    He can't take your baby from you unless you are unfit, plain and simple. And let me tell ya.... unless someone else is managing his money for him, chances are something is going to catch his fance and he's going to blow that money bit by bit before you child is even born. If possible, talk to an attorney to see if you have anything to worry about and keep your house and your life squeaky clean so he can't use anything against you in court.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2010