Sex or Violence?

Just curious. I read another question and was curious. Would you rather have your teenager(or even yourself) watch a movie with violence or sex? Not like the type where you see them start and then it cuts to the end. I mean the you watch it all happen kind.

Just curious because even at 23, I'd rather watch a "horror" movie than one full of sex. Even though these days it almost goes hand in hand....slightly annoying.

Now, with my own daughter (who's only 1), I'm going to be a bit more strict mainly because of all the sex.

I grew up watching scary movies so maybe that's why I choose violence over sex when it comes to rated R movies. Times are different now though.

***I am not asking this to start drama, hense the "Fun" Section. Please be nice. It's just for curiosity and conversation.***

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sex... it is natural and nothing to be ashamed of. As long as the story was depicting love and not cheap casual sex. Violence is not acceptable in our home, so why would I promote that in the movies I let my kids watch?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I would rather my teen see sex. And I'm a red blooded woman, I like a good sex scene lol. Yes, even the "show it all" kind. I'm not afraid of sex, I don't think it's bad, and I don't want my kids growing up to think it's bad. I do want them growing up thinking violence is bad, though.

Just my take.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I l♥ve you Ati 13!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OP here....I dont want my kids thinking sex is bad either. If it's in a good romance movie. lol. But I'm talking rated R movies, where the sex really has no point to the plot or it just exploits it in a negative light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well that is why I will prescreen all R and pg13 movies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Sex, hands down. Between excessive violence in movies and video games, I think teens are desensitized.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yeah I totally agree With everyone else. I wouldn't want my kids watching a sex scene that looks like it should be in a porno though. Bc that to me is called FUCKING lol. SEX or Making Love is totally different than two ppl fucking. My kids are all 6, 4, 2 and 9mths so it will be a while before they see things like that. I think they are too young to see either, even sex scenes that are about romance and love.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 12:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I had no restrictions growing up. I was watching real sex on HBO at 13 years old. At the time and even now, I found it very interesting and informative on the many different perspectives to sex there are. I'm sure this is not the case for most kids. I was also a prude as a teen...but recently I was talking to my DH about it because he was channel surfing and it was on, and any way I don't think it had any negative effect on me at all. In fact I think it was educational. I'll take sex over violence. I can watch a spooky horry movie with ghosts and witches..but that gorey stuff like Saw , I find seriously disturbing. So its going to be sex over violence. .....and I'll have HBO under parental control....at least for a while.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Neither, but you don't need tv to see sex and violence now these days, teens can see it at there school, other kids kissing, groping and beating on each other over boys and lame stuff like that.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I like love story movies but I don't prefer to watch others having sex.And the sopas that are now showing gay people DISGUSTING!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010