Small white bump?

I have 1 small, hard, white bump on my labia minora that I found 3 days ago. It has not changed in size. There is no pus or "crust" like what is described for herpes. I tried to pop it and I wasn't able to. I've been married for 3 years (monogomous)and have had 2 children. I've never had this before and I've had screening for STDs at the beginning of both pregnancies and I was never found to have anything. There is some itching/irritation but nothing terrible and it is not painful. Has anyone experienced this? I have a routine OB appointment in a week so I will ask my dr. then...but I was just wondering if there is anyone else that has experience this...Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Health

• When I was prego I had one that was about a size of a quarter. I don't remember what it was called but I went to my obgyn and they told me to take ibuprofen 3 times a day for three days, and when I take a bath put about an inch of hot water and just sit there. It went away.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It could just be an infected hair follicle, or it could be the beginning of genital warts. It doesn't matter how long you have been monogomous.... it could be something that is in your body and has started to now surface. Just keep an eye on it for a few days and if it doesn't go away, I would have it looked at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It sounds like herpes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If you can't determine it to be an infected hair follicle, definitely talk to your doctor about it. I do get the ingrown hairs every now and then though... and I suppose you could get them that low.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• it's a hair follicle, it will go away
    31spoken4

Answer by 31spoken4 at 4:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Sounds like an ingrown hair. They hurt like a bugger but it will go away.

I'd talk to your doctor just in case though.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 11:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Was going to say, sounds like an ingrown hair or infection. Hot water compresses should help.
    tam1021

Answer by tam1021 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010