Atonement

Was atonement completed at the cross? Scriptures please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• see, that's what I get for assuming LOL

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/sda/adventi.htm

4. Atonement. "Now, while our great High Priest is making the atonement for us, we should seek to become perfect in Christ" (E.G. White, The Great Controversy [TGC], 1911, p. 623; TGC has since been retitled and published as America in Prophecy, 1988). SDA teaches that, though saved by grace, we are kept by the Law (i.e., "partial atonement"). Therefore, one must keep Old Testament dietary and ceremonial laws, paying particular attention to keep the Saturday Sabbath and the Ten Commandments, and most importantly, making sure to faithfully pay the tithe.

paraphrasing here - but my baptist hubby once explained to me that once Jesus died, a lot of the laws in the old testament were kind of null-in-void, apparently SDA do not agree with that and still follow all the old laws.
    As to WHY, not real sure there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Um, actually, technically speaking...

Um, I really have no clue... and I really want to have no clue... Who cares..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Ummm then like why did you answer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I am just assuming so I could be wrong, but this appears to be going in the direction of another Catholic bash session about how they are wrong.

let me explain to you how I explained to my non-Catholic husband, when he said basically the same thing.

When you do something bad, you apologize for it right? I can't say "I'm sorry for being a bitch" today then next month be a bitch and say "I already said I'm sorry!" That's way of looking at it at least. I'm sure there's much more of an explanation somewhere, but that's my "Catholicism for Dummies" version. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• actaully no, this has to do with some Seventh Day Adventist article I read. I have been seeing some questions on here and been reading what an seventh day adventist lady wrote in her responses so was curiouse, how cnan they believe that Jesus didn't finish at the cross? I mean he even said it is finished!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• but they must have a good reason for believing this so I need scriptures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• so SDA are following the doctrine of a demon?
    Anonymous