Im kind of worried now!!

my dr. prescribed me paxil 20mg and im a very small girl..he said it was a small dose but my mom was only started on 10mg when she was my size..so I felt it was too much and it has a line and indent down the middle soo I thought it was ok to cut in half..well apparently paxil has a time released coating on it..am I gonna be ok? this is the first time ive taken it?? im worried that it will be too strong or something since I ruined the time release coating but cutting it in half

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you will be fine
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I really think that you should voice your concerns to your Doctor. I am sure you will be fine. Tomorrow call your Doctor and Pharmacist. You really should talk to your Doctor before you make decisions like this.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think you should as your doctor for a different depression med. cuz paxil causes heart problems and if you already have heart problems, not a good idea to take it. I was once on it and it made my heart skip beats really bad so I stopped taking it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Make sure you are taking good birth control because you do not want to get pregnant taking that medication. Otherwise you should be alright if you do not have any other medical conditions but talk to your doctor.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You should be ok just this once, but never ever cut pills in half without consulting your doctor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010