How Soon do your breast start getting super swollen and filled with milk before you deliver

I'm due feb. 1. my original date was jan 17.. but the baby measures to be due feb. 1. contractions all day every day, my breasts nearly grew 2 sizes in the last week, and i'm thinking i might be due in the next week or so.. what do you think. Not quite dialated and the heads not engaged, but i just have a feeling...

mrs_skittles

Asked by mrs_skittles at 1:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its different for everybody mine was after i breast feed her like 3 times then they really swelled up with milk..
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 1:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i started leaking at about 5 months. but my breasts did not get engorged until about a week after i had my son. and i didnt breast feed at all. i guess its different with everybody.. and then after i had him which was really weird. every time he cried my breasts would leak alot. like i would soak my whole shirt. it was awful.
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Your milk won't actually come in until a few days after you deliver. Until then, you will produce colostrum & that's what your baby will get during breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• your milk wont come in til after birth. So they shouldnt get filled with milk
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Dont believe that. Some people get milk before delivery and it happens more if you have had a baby before. I say that a mother knows best if you think it is soon you are likely right, due dates are a very unscientific guess. Good luck and congrats.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• When I was at my breastfeeding class they said the milk doesn't come in for a few days after birth. However I am right there with you, my boobs have started growing again and I'm due Feb. 7th. Maybe they are just preparing, again.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Your milk does not come in before the baby is born, what women are leaking is colostrum not milk. For me the milk came in on the second day after my babies were born, my breasts never changed size or appearance during pregnancy and i never leaked during pregnancy
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• milk won't come in until after baby is born like they said, but it's normal for pregnant women's breasts to grow throughout pregnancy
    Anonymous