How many baby showers should a woman have?

Okay, so I am about 2 mos pregnant, and I have 2 boys now 6 and 1. I had a baby shower with my 2nd child it was really nice but small. My mom told me that it is rude to have more than 1 babyshower. So I wanted to get some cm answers on this subject. What if it's a girl?

ilovemyboys21

Asked by ilovemyboys21 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• EVERY BABY NEEDS A BABY SHOWER!!!! You always need SOMETHING for a new baby! Plus, you want to CELEBRATE the new addition!!! I WILL TOTALLY THROW YOU A BABY SHOWER!!!!!!!!!!! Much Love!!
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 2:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It really just depends on your family and friends and if they want to give you one or not. I think there should be one for each baby even if they are the same sex. You can never have too many diapers and wipes.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think that is totally up to YOU. If you want to and you can afford it lol. I had 2 baby showers for my first, one at her father's dad and one at her fathers mom's. And since then I have had 3 other kids and have been unable to have a baby shower. I live too far away from my friends to have one, most of them wouldn't of been able to make it. and i don't have much family to invite either. But I would if i lived closer to my friends...def for sure. Every baby is important, Its like a pre celebration for your baby! Celebrate them all, not just the 1st or 2nd ones. But like i said its totally up to you.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 1:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• if someone wants to throw you one than great! the ladies at my church surprised me w/ one for my 3rd child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I am still waiting for my first one...and I already had three!

simple frown

Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I personally feel that the baby shower is about celebrating the birth (or impending birth) of a baby. EVERY baby should be celebrated in my opinion. So if someone is going to hold you a baby shower, go for it!!!!!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 1:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I had two showers one with my first and one very small one for my 3rd, there was no family and few friends when i had my second we had just moved to a new town.

I think having one for each child is fine, celebrating the birth of a child is a wonderful thing and i see no reason to not do it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• every baby deserves a shower imo :) congrats
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• One per pregnancy.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I feel every baby needs a baby shower. What a delightful way to celebrate the new addition to a family. After the first baby, there may be a new gender addition so new clothes are needed, also if there have been many years between the new baby and last birth, it is starting all over again with needing new baby stuff. If the new baby is arriving with a home full of baby stuff from siblings, disposal stuff like baby wash and, diaper wipes, ect, are always welcome. I personally like visiting and eating while enjoying company of family and friends.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010