Has anybody stayed on zoloft while pregnant?

I've been on zoloft for more than a year now. I was prescribed zoloft because I have a severe case of IBS that is triggered by stressful situations. My IBS was ending me up in the ER every 6-8 months because I my stomach would spasm and expell everything. Now that I've been on zoloft my attacks aren't as severe, but I'm worried that if I get pregnant, it will effect the pregnancy...yet if I don't take it, I could end up in the hospital.

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is not safe to take any anit depressant/anxiety medication while pregnant. Doctors still prescribe them, though. You can take medicine designed for IBS?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• This is something that is decided on a case by case basis. Most important is to tell your Dr. about your concerns. Many woman have gone carried babies full term having very successful pregnancies while on Zoloft.
    I work in the Mental Health Profession and know Therapy does not work for everyone and for some women it is safer to stay on the medication than to come off of it.
    In your case I would discuss other options with your Dr. especially if you are worried about becoming pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You can take Zoloft during your pregnancy. It is one that is safer for pregnancy. I took the geric of Zoloft when I was pregnant with my 2nd. I tryed natrual ways was getting worse and worse. Only a Dr knows which one are right or pregnancy or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Oh and I should say it did not effect my pregnancy and in way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2010