I really want a baby,

i am on birthcontrol, i want to quit taking it, but my husband cant make up his mind of whether or not he wants one yet, we also have insurance, but he says he wants me to be 100% sure, i am , but i dont think he will ever be...what to do? he keeps saying yes, then the next day no, and he keeps saying no, i really have to tell him no sex just to make him chance it, because i will tell him i wont take it for a few days. i wish i could just quit, also, my mom thinks im too oyung, but im married.
please help, or at least tell me im not crazy to want a baby so bad i cry for it sometimes. thank you

maxxsmommy13

Asked by maxxsmommy13 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Tell him there will always be a reason not to have a baby, but once you go ahead and have one it changes those feelings all together. He is just scared of the unknown my DH was that way he wanted to wait and then we had a surprise with my DD and he says now that waiting would have sucked. Get off the BC it takes a while to regulate anyway. Then tell him you are off it and want a baby.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Jesus chirst do not trick him into getting you pregnant. That could severly back fire on you. What if he truely doesn't want one and you trick him into it and he leaves you for it? And just because your married doesn't mean it's automatically ok to have kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Please don't do what PP said. Lying will only breed mistrust and bad marital relations it isn't fair to lie. Get off it tell him and stick to your guns, also have him talk to other dads (good ones that love their kids) and that would help.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Also, don't pressure him into it. If he's not ready than he's not ready. Maybe he also thinks you and him are too young for one right now. Seriously, your going to end up pushing him away. This isn't just your decision.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• SaraP,

So are you married or is it "kind of have a boyfriend" I'm just wondering since your an expert on every topic?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Anon, your getting old.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I thought she was getting funny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• LOL!!!!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• first tricking or making him just say yes because youwill not give him sex is not right. He also needs to be on the same page as you. If you are both on on the same page it will make things harder when baby comes. You want this baby to come into a world that both parents want him or her.

I wanted a baby for over a year and my hubby and I talked about it constantly. But I knew better to just have to wait till he was ready. Finially a year later he is ready.

You need to keep talking to you hubby and respecting his choose. Having a child is a big respoinsiblity and really changes everything in your life. Yes it can be the greatest gift but it can also make thing worse if someone does not want a baby.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I agree, keep the dialogue open about it and tell him that you would at least like to get off the BC so that your body can begin to regulate itself. Explain to him that that itself may take some time and in the mean time for protection you can use condoms if he so chooses, until you guys can come to an agreement. Let him know how much it really means to you, having a child with him. And make it a point to point out baby things to him, like, "Aw, won't it be great when we have a little one that will fit in clothes that small..." or "Aren't those tiny little booties so cute." Walk by baby sections in the stores on purpose, he'll get the hint a bit more and maybe warm to it more too, who knows. Good Luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010