Do you think women are rarely physically abused?

Saw this in another post and wanted to see if that was a common belief.

Unfortunately, I think abuse is way, way too common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Absolutely not it happens to over 50% of women and that is soooooo sad and horrible it happens way too much, and the worst part is women stay and put up with it. Abuse would go away if we didn't put up with it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I was physically abused by my dad and then i had a bf that hit me in the past too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• HOW MANY ABUSED
    WOMEN ARE THERE IN THE U.S.?
    Women age 12 or older annually sustained almost 5
    million violent victimizations in 1992 and 1993.

Women and girls ages 12 and up annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults, almost 500,000 robberies, and about 3.8 million assaults.

WHO ARE THE ABUSERS
    In 29% of all violence against women by a lone offender, the perpetrator was an intimate (husband,ex-husband, boyfriend or ex-boyfriend).

Women annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults Friends or acquaintances of the victims committed over half of these rapes or sexual assaults. Strangers were responsible for about 1 in 5.

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Old stats but it shows the total IGNORANCE of whoever made the statement you posted in your question.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:52 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Physical Violence is too common in women. We all know women who have been in an abusive relationship. My mom was and it was the most horrible two years of our lives. I vowed never to let that happen to me. And it did, but I fought back!! Many girls and women are killed by the very men that say they love him. LOVE SHOULD NOT HURT!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• To many physical abuse Love Should not hurt the thing that bothers me is mental abuse think about what that does to a person.atleast physical abuse is apparent mental abuse is hidden
    mom198005

Answer by mom198005 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010