Has anyone ever lost a rectal thermometer in their babies bum or heard of it happening to some one else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• um.... no.... she screams but it's never gone IN!!! Poor kid who has!! I've never heard of it either!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OMG that is awful I sure hope not. That could kill a kid.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• (OP) I havent either I was just watching baby blues and thats what happen. I was wondering if anyone has done who is not in a cartoon lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• um no you dont put it in that far
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Some people need to get an anatomy book or a body atlas and LOOK at how the human body is designed. There is NO WAY a rectal thermometer could get shoved all the way inside a baby without perforating something and causing a massive infection, hemorrhage and most likely a terrible death in a few days.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Wow I would like to say that is impossible, but I wouldn't put anything past people nowadays...
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Um... I used it as my main form of temperature taking until my son turned 3 and no...
    smlb4ever

Answer by smlb4ever at 8:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Um what? You just barely stick the little tip in. I've never heard of this happening and if it does, I hope those parents are convicted of child abuse and thrown in jail because anyone who would stick the thermometer in that far shouldn't have kids.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• no
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 9:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• That would be child abuse
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 9:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2010