Toddler Hell please help.

Ok My DD had always been a good sleeper until last week. Every night she wakes up an hour or two after going to bed, and either screams yells and cries for hours or throws things beats on the wall and talks really loud for hours. There is nothing wrong with her, we have checked when we get there she quits and is happy and wants to run around her room and play with us. We tried ignoring, going every time or only a few times. Nothing is stopping her, and she is getting no sleep at night and her normal 2 hour nap. What is going on and what can I do. I am preg, and soooooo tired. I can't sleep through it like Dh can. She is 19 months old and has never had sleeping issues. Is there something I haven't thought of? Please no bashing or answers of just let her cry it out, because we have. I am so upset because I am exhausted and totally had a breakdown about it last night. PS she is doing it right now.

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 4:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd did this while dh was deployed... seemed like from 18 mos til 2 years old! It just took me ignoring her.. when DH came home from Iraq two mos ago he said "bedtime is NOW" and she has listened to it! She is 26 mos and when I tell her it's bedtime she goes right to bed!!! We get her up between 5-7 am just to keep her calm at night!! It's crazy, but it sure seems like the stage and sorry to say... I'm glad I'm not the only one who went through this! It DOES pass, just keep to what you tell her and she WILL stop!!! I let my dd CIO for 2 hours at times besides the normal rocking her to sleep without a rocking chair NEVER worked!!!! Trust me, I TRIED to make her stop!!!! Make a normal wake up time and bedtime, don't let her sleep for 2 hours during the day (my 2 yr old won't even rest for an hour now!) because they stay up tooo late at night!!!! GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We also tried to see if it was a teething issue or growing pains etc, and giving her baby tylenol and teething tablets did nothing, she eats well, drinks well goes to the bathroom fine just had a doc appt and is fine. Nothing has changed recently, I am at a loss.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Please somebody help me, I want to run out of the house screaming and never return.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Thanks, I guess what gets me is she is all tired an droopy all day and couldn't keep her eyes open right before bed, and an hour later is up making as much noise as she can. My hubby won't let me yell at her to see if that works.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• lilmama please thank you DH for me. I tried his method, I went down to her changed her diaper and she started up again, and I was stern and told her "No, it is night night time, you need to go night night." She laid down I covered her up she whined a little and then stopped it has been 40 mins of quiet now.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010