Do you think I'm awimp?

Because I'd rather have an epidural than go natural?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:28 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not really but just so you know an epidural usually lengthens labor, so it is a trade off in a sense, and you never know labor might not be that bad this time around. When you feel your labor you can better respond to what you body is telling you, and epidurals can also increase the risk of other interventions, if you are choosing one do your research to make sure you really want it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• NO! I had a C section (baby was backwards and breech).... but still at least you deliver the child vaginally!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• No.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• NO, but I didn’t like the epidural. I’ve had 3 kids, the first using an epidural and my last 2 natural. I don’t have any horror stories or anything lol. My epidural took TO well and I couldn’t feel anything at all, I had no idea if I was pushing or just sitting there. They finally turned it off and my son ended up having to be delivered with forceps. With all that said my labor was only 8 hours, I know lucky! I had my other 2 naturally and I’m glad I did. But it’s a lot different the second and third time around!
    When you having your first the pain is super intense (well obviously, you have never felt anything like it lol), I thought I could go natural, then I was screaming for drugs. With my second two I knew what to expect so I could manage it better….
    Wait you already have a little one……..So you do what you need to!! lol
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 4:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• When the pain hit u just right u won't give a damn what people say or think. You going want some relief fast quick and strong.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 6:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• punching does this answer your ?    GET THE DRUGS INLESS YOU CAN HANDLE PAIN GOOD I MEAN REALLY GOOD

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Listen to your body, not other people, dear. Only you can know how much pain is too much for you to deal with.
    pastaplease

Answer by pastaplease at 8:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't go in to the delivery planning on getting one...wait and see what your body tells you. You CAN do it! ANd natural birth is not some horrific thing....it's amazing.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 8:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Nope! Go for it! I would have done it when I had my children but they didn't do epidurals way back then.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010