Birthcontrol: mirena vs. Implanon?

I just wanna get alittle insight from someone other than the doc whose a male and dont need birth control. So if you could tell me why you chose one over the other that would be awesome. I'm scared and weirded out by both but definately need one.

Mrs.Cruz

Asked by Mrs.Cruz at 4:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Health

• I used the mirena before I had a tubal, and really didnt have any problems. I also have had 2 or 3 friends that I am close to that also use the mirena and love it!! It's not bad when it goes in, there is a small cramp when they insert it, but after that I was fine!! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I chose to get the mirena because of the small amount of estrogen that it has, since I was on Depo before and I gained a ton of weight, had horrible mood swings and bled for a month straight when it wore off. There is some cramping when they insert it, but since I have had it (about a month now), I have lost weight, feel much more even emotional-wise, and have only had a little spotting. Also mierna is for five years as opposed to three, and you can conceive more quickly if you remove it. Hope this helps!
    jjcooke

Answer by jjcooke at 12:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2010