It's snowing in Florida!

Well there have been reports of "flurries" on the news but none in my area yet. I'm a little bit further inland (tampa area) so I'm hoping we'll get some. How freakin awesome is that though? Never thought I'd see the day here in FL!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm near Ocala and we've got some. It looks more like shaved ice, truthfully, lol, but still pretty cool. I took some pics since my boys are so excited over it. It's not much, just a thin layer on the hood and roof of the car. It's slightly piled up on the windshield wipers, but nothing really on the ground or anything.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• some yes and cold but no snow like up north damn and i really wanted that too i miss snow im from up north
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Booo im in SW florida.. by naples.. NO snow for us lol.. just cold and rainy!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Damn global warming!!!!!!!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm in Ocala & we got a little on the roof tops & the screen area of our pool. I got pictures that I will put up on my profile later. Yesterday, someone referred to us as snowcala! I was really hoping for snow for the people who have never seen it. I saw enough of it, as I'm from Michigan. First time it snowed here, since we moved here 6 years ago, but not the first time for Ocala.
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Shut up just shut up all of you!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL Well I'm in WA and for some reason we are one of the HOTTEST places in the Nation right now.......
    Before moving to WA we were in OK, never really any snow what we lived there, GUESS WHAT?! They are getting a ton...
    Before OK we were in Fl, never saw snow!!!
    I'm from San Diego so yeah....
    That brings me back to WA, last year they has tons of snow where I'm at, this year NOTHING!!!! Freaking A. They did have record highs this summer, right when we moved here, so I guess we bring the heat?!
    Anyways, hope you ladies get some good snow that sticks for you little ones to play in :)
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 1:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• And yet....no one wants to admit that there's a problem!
    Anonymous

• No snow here in NE FL. Ocala got a bit of flurries but still pretty cool to get that far south of the FL/GA border.

It is 36 degrees here and it "feels like" 38 for Miami!

Gotta love that Florida sunshine! So misleadig today when it is sunny as all get out and FRIGID temps at 36 degrees with our "feels like" temps are at 30! Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Got my hot cocoa and stay indoors.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010