Would this be Rude?

I got a message on my cell phone last night about 9 pm. from a old friend hadn't talked to in alittle over 6 mo. saying she( her DH and 4 children) was coming up to my house to visit? This would be about a 2 hour drive for her. Mind you we still have 3 to 4 inches of snow, and this is how my weeks went before hand.. my water been froze for 3 days this week, toilet is still not flushing ( with out pouring water in it) my DH worked 2 doubleshifts at work. I'm just now gettting the dishes caught back up. Plus the only child i have the same age as hers will not be home cause she staying at a friends house.. Would it be wrong to call her back this morning and tell her " No it's not a good time for me ?" how would be the right way to say it ?

Shaqbe4u

Asked by Shaqbe4u at 7:11 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe if she is a good friend she would understand if you called her back and told her that while you would love to visit, this is just a terrible time.
    pastaplease

Answer by pastaplease at 7:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• if that was me i would call her back and tell her not to come
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i would call her back and explain to her that now is not a good time, that you would love to see her, but it would have to be later. if she is a true friend she will understand.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Call her back and ask her not to come. But do it early!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think it's pretty rude of her to invite herself over without even asking you first! I would definitely call and explain that you can't have guests now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yes you should call her and tell her not to come right now. Surely she wouldn't want to impose on you at a time like this.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• just say, I would love to see you, but this is not a good time. Tell your friend to give more time next time she wants to come over.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If you do want to see her, just call and say "Now isn't a good time but this day works better for us."
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2010