Still not worried about the civilian terrorist trials?!

This judge just threw out most of the evidence against a GITMO detainee--NOT because of how he was treated at GITMO, but rather how he was treated when he was CAPTURED in the middle of a war zone in Afghanistan!

Using this logic, aren't most of these guys going to walk if they are given civilian trials?!

Mmm...mmm...mmm Barack Hussein Obama

***
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/ap_on_go_ot/us_guantanamo_detainee

U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan also said the government failed to establish that 23 statements the detainee made to interrogators at Guantanamo Bay were untainted by the earlier coerced statements made while he was held under harsh conditions in Afghanistan.

However, the judge said statements he made during two military administrative hearings at the U.S. detention center in Cuba, where he was assisted by a personal representative, were reliable and sufficient to justify holding the detainee.

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• River: Why Lori why? I can't get passed this to answer your question. I dont understand your kind.

"I don't understand your kind."? What do you mean? I think, on many topics, Lori and I have opinions that are more often than not close to the same. So, that makes me her "kind". I am a rational, logical, relatively intelligent, hard working, citizen of the US who can see the forest despite the trees.  We don't actually have a "kind". We may share like opinions and visions of how things should work i.e. the hostile take-over of the health care system of the US over loud objections all the while telling us we are begging for this. I call foul on your inability to raise even a morsel of an argument, yet you are able to insult a huge population of her "kind". Your kind, however, we understand all to well.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Nope, I wasn't when ut was Richard Reid or the first WTC attacker either. Or the "20th hijacker".........

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Reid was captured a MONTH after 9/11, and military tribunals had been authorized but had not been created yet.

Funny you bring up Moussaoui. The consensus among RATIONAL people is that trying Moussaoui in a civilian court was a MISTAKE! THAT point was hugely backed up by the news on his appeal this week. The 4th Circuit Court threw out his appeal because he had pled guilty in his original trial. However, the court's opinion mentions that if he HADN'T pled guilty there was a basis for his argument that he should have had access to CIA documents, the ability to call intelligence witnesses the government didn't want to identify, etc.

So that will be the new game plan for terrorists under Obama. Just don't plead guilty, and either the government has to give you full discovery or you'll win your case on appeal!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/04/us.moussaoui.conviction/
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Mmm...mmm...mmm Barack Hussein Obama

Why Lori why? I can't get passed this to answer your question. I dont understand your kind.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I disagree, and that article does not say

"The consensus among RATIONAL people is that trying Moussaoui in a civilian court was a MISTAKE! "

Sorry, you are reaching

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Mmm...mmm...mmm Barack Hussein Obama

LOL.....I'm used to their ignorance...It seems to be ramping up lately

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Weakening our country, one terrorist civilian trial at a time.

This was a horrible idea to begin with and will end up being a huge f-u for the Obama administration. I suppose this was the only way to satisfy Eric Holder's special interest (his old law firm), since all of his buddies get to be paid by the tax payers to defend terrorists in a country they weren't captured in. This is the dumbest thing this admin. has done by far. You couldn't pay me enough to put my life on the line for this country with this Joke of a president and Co. leading us down a road to nowhere. They throw patriots under the bus and coddle those that would just as soon love to see us all die. Once again, biting the hand that feeds you, but licking the boots that kick you. Idiots, every last one of them.

I hope he gets comfortable taking responsibility for huge security mess ups. It looks like he has a future in that area.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ...It seems to be ramping up lately

Maybe because even when the blatant inexperience of this administration is staring you in the face, you choose to look the other way.  You continually bash on those you think did the same for Bush, yet you are blinded by your hypocrisy.  It is terribly frustrating. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I suppose this was the only way to satisfy Eric Holder's special interest (his old law firm

So who was bush paying when he held terror trials here?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Maybe because even when the blatant inexperience of this administration is staring you in the face, you choose to look the other way. You continually bash on those you think did the same for Bush, yet you are blinded by your hypocrisy. It is terribly frustrating.

It isn't me that is blinded, it is you.

sweet-a-kins