How do I report food stamp and WIC fraud anonymously?

I know someone who is currently getting food stamps and she had to lie to get them. We live in VA and in VA you have to report all living in the same household and I know the two people she is living with and paying the MAJORITY of the bills make a LOT more money then my fiance and I do and we got denied for food stamps and wic. I told the girl that while she was living with my friend she won't get them she said I don't know how to lie and I am not the right color (black). How do I report her anonymously? I can't find anything on the VA website.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You mind your own business. That's how you do it.
    ______________
    Take your own advice sweetheart! Sheesh.

Anyway OP... Contact the Department of Social Services, tell them you want to anonymously report a person abusing the system. Tell them she is giving advice on how to commit PA fraud, and bragging about committing the fraud herself. They will then ask for her info. They might or might not look into it. They will probably review her file and if she is getting excessive amounts of money they will file charges against her.

Here is an article on a couple whom cheated the system.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/prison_sentences_in_fourgenera.html
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• call them but you can use someone else phone to do it and tell them that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I believe they cannot tell the person who reported them anyway.. I would DEF. call tho.. thats just ridiculus.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately, they probably won't care. They want people dependent on the gov.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Sounds like sour grapes. I would recommend looking at further programs if you are struggling so much. I also know that you can make a liveable income and still qualify for WIC (40g for a family of 4) so likely you will be OK if you are careful.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yes they will do something about it. I reported someone selling their foodstamps for cash. The next tiem I saw them they were mad that they had to use cash for food. ( who would had thought that is how you do it?)

How is it sour grapes PP So you should look the other way when someone IS abusing the system??

OP I know that here in Vegas I had to actually go down to the office but that is because apparently you cant ever get thru on the phone Even the security told me that LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• here OP I foud this link online just scroll down to your state

http://www.ucowf.org/fraud_contacts.htm

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• How is it sour grapes PP So you should look the other way when someone IS abusing the system?
    ______________
    No, the sour grapes is the whining about her not qualifying.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OH got ya.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 11:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2010