my 9 mon. old wont sleep more than 3hrs at night....

She has never been one to sleep in long streches and only slept all night 6times. She drinks her whole bottle and back to sleep. We switched from nutramagen formula to the gentle ease a week ago. I thought it was the nutramagen, but apparently not. rice in bottle, 2 naps exc... nothing has worked. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is a happy go lucky baby during the day but after about 8ish, she gets fussy and cranky. TOTALLY different baby. Not even tylenol cuz I thought it was her teeth.

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have the same problem with my 6 month old, nothing works to get him to sleep at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well, that does disprove the theory that formula fed babies sleep better. **smile** It's intrinsic to the baby, nothing more. Yours sleeps pretty good in my book!

Google "Elizabeth Pantley"...there are some great tips on her website.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• six months and nine months are times for growth spurts..major ones...that affect sleep patterns. It is both normal and temporary. As long as baby is well rested and thriving there is no need to "make" them go to sleep more. Sleep patterns don't fully mature until aroung age three or four. nine months is also time for developmental milestones and sometimes teethign both of which also change sleep patterns.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• she has an ear infection. so that explained alot!!!
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 10, 2010