What's with the hating on Catholics?

I am truly disgusted by the display of hate towards catholics by OTHER CHRISTIANS on here! I never realized there was such discrepancy between christians and denominations. If you all can't even get along with each other, and treat each other with respect, I can see how so many christians can't respect people who aren't christian.
What is the deal?!!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not the hating of Catholics, the people, but the hate of Catholism and all belief systems which are contrary to God's divine laws and standards.
    The thing with Catholicism is it is so glaringly different to the Bible!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• so what ANon? So the catholics worship differently. Why waste energy hating on anyone? Does your God really want you to hate anything about another person and what they do? I cannot believe some christians are so damn concerned with how others worship!!
    "Each one prays to God according to his own light" ~Mohandas Gandhi
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't hate any thing or anyone, but I base my criticism on my own personal experience with the Catholic church and its teachings. Don't agree with a lot of what they do and represent.

Answer by older at 8:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Pretty much everyone on this site gets criticism. The ones I see get it the worse are JW's and Mormons. They get it way worse than Catholics. So do Pagans. Its sad that people can't get along
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Because loving followers of Christ aren't happy unless they are hateful and bitter as the first poster so aptly demonstrated.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Does your God really want you to hate anything about another person and what they do?
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

God's loyal servants hate what he hates. That may involve hating the person but only where that person knowingly stands against God (Eg: 2Ch 19:2, Ps 139:21, 22). They do not hate the person who UNKNOWLINGLY commits unrighteousness. Instead of hating them, they hate the wicked act, but yes, “even the inner garment that has been stained by the flesh.” - Jude 4, 23.

While anyone displays viciousness and malice you can be sure that while they call themselves Christian they are NOT accepted as so by God himself.

Titus 1:16 "They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort."

PrivateWITNESS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I know I never realized how other christian faiths teach so much hate towards others. When I grew up my Catholic church and school taught us about our faith we didn't feel a need to hate other faiths whether is was Atheist, Buddhist, Protestant, or any other denomination.  If you are strong in your own beliefs its just not necessary.  Love brings more people to Jesus then hate ever will. 

nun

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• "Pretty much everyone on this site gets criticism. The ones I see get it the worse are JW's and Mormons. They get it way worse than Catholics. So do Pagans. Its sad that people can't get along "

Yes, everyone gets criticism. But I am astonished at the the level of hate from one christian faith to another. I never realized denominations were so insecure that they had to hate on their neighbors like that. I mean, aren't they all brothers and sisters in faith...loving Christ and living in his love?!! I don't see any love...I see hate. It is very confusing as an outsider looking in.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• what's up with CM allowing the same poster to post the same catholic-bash several times in one day? many of us reported the post, and yet they allow it. i guess they assume a good fight garners more hits, so it must be good for business.
    the whole thing just pisses me off, as i'm not a argumentative xtian. i can tell what i believe and why, and i know the scriptures. but i am not going to continually squash other xtians..the key word is 'continually'..yes, there is biblical scripture concerning people like this. and if the anti-cath-bashers really know their bible, they are choosing to ignore a bit of it..as usual.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• This quote really helps to sum it up:
    “There are not a hundred people in America who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions of people who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church— which is, of course, quite a different thing,” Archbishop Fulton Sheen
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2010