why do have internet and cable if you are on foodstamp

answer please/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• because my internet is in with my phone bill and the internet is part of my work from home. without it I would need more assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• None of your biz. Some people get it for free or discounted. How about you worry what your own household.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have phone, internet, and Direct TV with Verizon. I LOVE it! Oh, you asked why. Why NOT?
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Verizon is awesome for that isn't it? :D it's why I have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well , if that isn't the most ignorant question...maybe they should have a horse and buggy instead of a car, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• lmao
    but according to this OP, they probably shouldn't have a car either since they "don't work" since the OP is so high and mighty and knows everything about everyone on foodstamps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Gotta love these questions, lol. One, I don't have cable. Two, if I didn't have internet I wouldn't be able to pay my bills on time, I live paycheck to paycheck and when a bill is due the day after your paycheck comes in the internet is incredibly handy in making sure it's paid on time! I also use the internet to closely monitor my bank account. I do pay my internet month to month, so if something were to go terribly wrong with finances I can stop my internet, but trust me, the $30 I pay out for internet every month wouldn't buy my family food if I were to drop it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Same reason why I see satellite dishes on windows in the projects. Makes you wonder...

Although, the craziest thing I've seen was the day after Christmas, kids were riding around on new ATV's in the middle of the projects. Must be nice for THAT present! But, I guess if I saved on living expenses and mooched off the failing government, I could put aside money for crap like that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I dont know about cable, its super expensive, but I certainly hope everyone on assistance has internet access to look for a job. And you know anon OP, not everyone who gets food-stamps has been getting it for long periods of time, its likely they fell on hard times when the recession hit. Lucky for you (question mark) you dont seem to have had that problem.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• if I didn't have internet I wouldn't be able to pay my bills on time, Um, write a check and put it in the mail I live paycheck to paycheck and when a bill is due the day after your paycheck comes in the internet is incredibly handy in making sure it's paid on time! Use the internet @ library! Most billers allow free pay by phone too!  I also use the internet to closely monitor my bank account. internet @ library or phonecall!  ... but trust me, the $30 I pay out for internet every month wouldn't buy my family food if I were to drop it.It WOULD help - and it would also help build your bank account so you wouldn't have to wait for your paycheck to pay bills.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 9, 2010