if the fever drops to no more fever, do you still give some Tylenol?

for a 13 months old baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no
    and I don't give tylenol for a fever unless my child is showing obvious signs of it bothering him. my son has been perfectly happy and playing with a fever of 102 before, no tylenol. a fever is the body's natural way of fighting things, you take that away and it takes longer for the problem to go away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• No they don't need Tylenol if there is no fever.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• no - why would you? tylenol is for fever and pain
    no need to dose baby if there is none
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If there is still pain, one more dose may be in order. I do a little "test" and cut off meds to see if the fever is really gone or if its just the meds that are keeping it down.

Sick LO's are no fun for anyone. Hope she is better soon.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 10:32 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'd allow the tylenol to wear off and see if the fever returns before re-dosing, unless your child is showing signs of being in discomfort.

I suppose it depends on what your child is sick with. When my son was sick with bad ear infection, I just gave him the medicine around the clock for a day and then tested the waters the next morning. It is harder to get pain back under control once it returns.
    Anonymous