How bad is yours?

How bad is your period? Do your cramps double you over so bad you want to vomit? Do you end up with a fever because the pain is escalating beyond contorl? Are you out of it of three days at a time?

Or am I completely alone on this one?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 9:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Health

• I had very bad periods. Extremely hard bleeding, bad cramping. It was so bad I could barely leave the house. I knew I had to do something when I went on vacation and was at Legoland, panicking that I was going to bleed through. I had an ablation (HTA) done in October and haven't had a period since. I'm hoping it never comes back!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I used to get really bad cramps and a migraine every time. I would miss at least one day of school or work a month. Once I started on the Seasonale birth control pill, everything got a lot better. I only have my period 4 times a year (which freaks some people out- not me!) and I never get cramps now and rarely get migraines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You need to see your Dr. There is something going on. A friend of mine was like that when I was in highschool. I can't remember though what they found out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Nope. Actually I haven't had a period in 2 1/2 years. But, even when I did have them, they weren't bad at all.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I was like you until I got on BC pills. YAZ has done wonders for me! talk to your gyno about the best option for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• could be from ovarian cysts...go to dr
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yes, the fever is definitely not normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Thats how my Periods were, they'd keep me in bed for days! I also bled alot!!!! I went to the Doctor for it, and i she put me on a birth control that help immensely. But a friend of mine had the same thing and went to th doctor and had Indimitriosis and ovarian cysts.
    So maybe its nothing or maybe it is, either way, better safe than sorry.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Oh, I have endometriosis, and I know that BC would help. But it doesn't do any good when you are TTC! Sucks, doesn't it?
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I've always had bad ones. Anymore I only get it about every 6 weeks, but "normal" is every 4-8. Usually I have 2 days that I don't dare leave the house, I use my child's diapers instead of pads (he's almost 3), I am sitting on a heating pad almost constantly, I am nauseous, I take more ibuprofen than the bottle "allows"...but it's normal for me. I'd talk to your doctor about it, but if they've always been like that for you I don't see what they'd do for you...just like there's no help for me because it's normal for me. I'd kill for a hysterectomy but I'll just be 30 next year and I know, even though I've had 5 kids, no one will do it.
    Anonymous