What do you think of letting kids (13-15) play M rated games?

We know of a kid who spends hours upon hours playing mostly violent video games with bad language. My child would like to spend time with this kid, but it concerns me that that's all they do. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think its OK to set some rules. If your child is 13-15, they are old enough to say- I can not play those games-what else can we do? We have a trampoline at our house and I have no problem at all when kids that come over say, I am not allowed to jump on the trampoline. If this kid does not want to hang out with yours because he will not be able to play his games, then the friendship is not a good fit. If you think you may want to allow your child to play these games to see what they are like- there is no harm in that either. Let him see what he thinks, you all can discuss it and then decide if you want to relax your rules or continue with the no M games standard in your home.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 10:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• DEPENDS ON THE GAME---HES A LITTLE OLD TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL EVERYTHING IN HIS LIFE EITHER HE WILL SNEEK AND PLAY OR HE WILL TELL YOU, WHAT WOULD BOTHER ME IS WHAT KIND OF PARENTS DOES THE FRIEND THAT SPENDS ALL DAY PLAYING HAVE, IS THE CHILD ISOLATED OR IN SCHOOL ACTIVITIES--LEAVE THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN BUT MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE PARENTS YOUR CHILD IS HANGING WITH. GOOD LUCK
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't think it's appropriate. Games rated "M" are for adults only, and it's a shame that adults want to play most of them, because so many of them are pure filth. I can't believe people let their kids play them. Oh wait, yes I can. There are so many irresponsible idiots raising kids these days, ugh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2010