Lice egg question!

My daughters came home from daddy's house 2 weekends ago with a few lice eggs in their hair. I treated their hair, washed their bedding, etc. I found a couple of eggs that I must have missed while combing in my youngest daughters hair just a lil while ago and picked them out. Did a thourough search through her hair and didn't find any more. She has very short, thin blonde hair so it would be easy to spot...and she's 2 1/2 so her head is little. lol. Would you retreat her hair or just be satisfied with picking out the eggs you saw? I know they were old eggs because they were dark. The new ones are white/clear so they aren't from a new lice bug or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We just got rid of head lice a few weeks ago. I followed the directions on the bottle of lice killing shampoo--treat the hair again one week from the first time you applied the shampoo. It takes a week for eggs to hatch so treating too soon would be pointless. I just kept checking my daughter's head for nits and treated every week on the same day until I didn't see anymore of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Those dark eggs you saw might have been hatched eggs. Take the child to the pedi. There is stuff called ovide that you can only get by Rx and he will give that to you if he feels necessary. In the mean time though put some mayo on her head for the day and leave her hair a little greasy. Wash all bedding and vacuum all beds carpets couch car car seat everything. Anything that cant be washed try throwing in the dryer on its highest setting. Don't think just because it was only a few eggs and you think you got them all that your okay those bugs are now in your house too. Find somebody to check your head as well and treat it if need be. It may just be a small problem now but it can get bigger and it is hard to get rid of.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OP here: Just put some lice treatment in her hair and I'm washing her bedding. Gonna treat the older one's hair when the little one takes a nap...even though I didn't see anything in her hair. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2010