would you be more persistent?

My husband doesn't have a job or go to school at the moment, my baby wakes up early in the morning and occasionally i want help- i asked him to help and he said "let me sleep till 10". I don't think it's right for him to be able to play xbox all day and sleep in if he's not working or doing something. what are your feelings? should i wake him up to help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to get his butt up and he can help. Or, you can say fine, you get to sleep in until 10 - every other day. I'm going to sleep in on the days that you aren't. Or, you're going to get up and soak in a bath, or go for a walk, or whatever you want to do.

I'm sorry, but he needs to be contributing to the family in some way - whether it's economically with his job, or whether it's with helping care for the kids and the house, or something. I understand wanting down time to play games, hang out, etc - but he has responsibilities that come first - and his child is at the top of that list.

btw - I don't know if you phrase it that way or not, but I would NOT say you need him to babysit the baby, or anything like that. Because, frankly, if you're there for conception, it's not babysitting - it's PARENTING.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!!!!! You deserve the help and support of a loving husband. He needs to be helping out more since he isnt working at the moment.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• U need to put your foot down before u flip,or maybe that's just what u might have to do to let him know u had enough.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 10:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• it seems like every time i tell him this- or put my foot down, things change for like 2 days and then they go back to the way they were.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Sorry he thinks he can do this. You need to keep putting your foot down every time it starts back up. So do you work?
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm right there with you sweetie! my husband doesn't work, I work from home. he sleeps all day, plays on his computer all night... giant PITA!

and yes, things may change after I complain enough but only for at most a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• no because he just lost his job a month ago and i can't get one. I'm also starting school in a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• treat him like a child and hide the cord to the xbox, so he can't play it and tell him you will give it back to him when he gets a job or starts helping out more.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ha, I should. I should also just turn on the light and some music... make sleeping really uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ok I was thinking if you are working you need to let him know it is not fair for you to always be the one up with baby. When youneed sleep. Not that you need sleep anyway but he needs to understand this is a two way street. Just because you are the mom does not mean he gets out of everything. Ok I'm just not explaining my thoughts well enough. I wish you the best and hope he realizes he needs to help out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2010