Do you have to be tall and plump to give birth naturally?

I want to have my daughter naturally and I don't want to go through a ceserean but my mom steady say that I might have to because I'm short and I'm small down there. (a little personal) She says that her you know what got unbelievably wide when she was pregnant but mine hasn't. It's still the same size. Is that normal? She's tall. I know it's kind of a dumb question but she keeps bringing up about c-section and I don't want that. I'm scared because I'm getting closer to having my daugther and I don't want to be stressed and scared about this whole thing. The doctors haven't checked me yet but I've just started my 2 week visits so when will they be able to tell me that I'll be fine having her naturally?

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was tiny down there right up until birth. It opened and stretched and out the baby came. It shrunk down after even smaller >_

Answer by Xakana at 7:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• heck no! LOL I was 5'3" and 115lbs. pre-pregnancy with my first one :D

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i am 5'2" and height has nothing to do with it. I gave birth naturally, and didn't even have much tearing. Only 2 stitches afterwards. Work on keegle (sp) exercises, contracting your vaginal muscles. Give natural birth a shot and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But don't feel like a c-section is your only choice, cause if i can do it, so can you.

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:04 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• LOL! I am not sure what to say accept this isn't true. I don't know where to start.....Um...Yea...Not true.

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• bull... i am 4'11 and druing prego only weighed 130lb. i weighed 105 when i got prego.. i was wearin kids jeans.. i hadnt graduated to juniors until my hips spread after birth...i gave birth fine.. my midwived like that i was flexable..i am a dancer and it helped being flexible so try and lossen up your joins and stretch a lot while will help

Answer by swaney06 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• am 5 ft and i had two l births. my friends is bigger then me and her baby was stuck. sorry but ur mom is totally wrong she is given you wrong advised

Answer by piwife at 11:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i was 90lbs when i got preggo with my first/

Answer by piwife at 11:20 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• She doesn't sound familiar with the facts.
    Unless you have an injury or genetic malformation, you should be just great!
    Regardless of mom or baby's size, though, you'll want to work with your instincts (likely telling you to stay upright, work with gravity, wiggle-and-wriggle baby down...).

Answer by doulala at 11:31 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• As all these ladies have said....this is bull.

What did all those small women do before c-sections were an option?????? :)

Answer by fluud7 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Uhm its not true and there is no way for anyone to predict who can or can not give birth.

Answer by Cynthje at 11:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2010