Why do people think working is harder that school?

I personally find school much more challenging then any line of work I've ever been in.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 11:02 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• maybe it's because I was gifted but lazy and took normal classes, school was much easier for me :)

I think it depends on the person. School came easily for me, but in my brother's case, he struggled just to get Ds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think school is way harder than work but I also have struggled with learning issues growing up and to this day.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• School was easy for me, and work wasn't bad either until I started moving up and taking on more responsibility. With school I really only had to rely on myself, but now at work I have to delegate and oversee work performed by others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on what you study, and what you do for a living.

For example, I think it would be much harder to be a brain surgeon than going to school to get, say, a liberal arts degree. By the way, I'm NOT slamming on that degree, it was just the first one that came to mind. Most degrees aren't something where you're holding someone's life in your hands every day, several times a day... That would be hard and stressful, with much worse consequences if you screw up than if you botch a paper or fail a class...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:18 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Depends on the school. Online schooling is a joke and many employers do not consider it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Anon:34, online school is not a joke if it's accredited. I went to Univ of Phoenix online, and have received a few great jobs because of it. Don't speak of what you don't know. It makes you look stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• With both it depends upon the work/degree, and the amount of effort you put into them. I believe that higher degrees no matter what they are, such as PhD, Doctorates and many Masters Degrees are hard no matter what you compare them with in the work field. There are some simple, easy and fast degrees a person can get that require little effort and when compared to the job market in that field the jobs harder.

Also there are some who are happy with just a C/D passing not caring for their GPA, however for those that strive for the high honor roll grades I would say it gets slightly harder given they’re often putting more effort into their grades. It's the same with the workforce there are some fine with mediocre work performance, while others strive to do their best.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:48 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• maybe thats why school is so hard for me. am I the only one that won't accept anything below and A- for grades?
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 12:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• the only reason I thought school was rough was the work load. All the presentations and papers due were very time consuming.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• School is harder in a lot of cases.
    Depends on how deadlined and demanding your work schedule is, and what it is you are doing.
    If youre a paper pusher, or any type of retail, or a waitress.. school is absolutely harder. Hell being a stay at home mom is harder than those jobs (sorry... just speaking from experience)

But jobs that require delegation and answering to someone else each week to discuss progress.. that gets harsh.

I hear nursing school is harder than actually being a nurse.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010