Still Think Obama will not tax the middle class?

It's not a done deal of course but it's in both bills so there is a good chance it will be. I bet many in congress don't even know it is there since they don't see fit to read it.
wonder what other taxes and fees will be in this bill in the end.
Sure I want some healthcare reform but not this crap.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126281943134818675.html

The built-in "marriage penalty" in both House and Senate healthcare bills has received scant attention. But for scores of low-income and middle-income couples, it could mean a hike of $2,000 or more in annual insurance premiums the moment they say "I do."

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There has always been a " marriage penalty"....since I started earning money and gotrmarried in 1965. There are always tax hikes on everyone. Live with it, If you don't like how America does things, move to a foreign country. Or you can just stop whining about things that are certainly not new. Maybe if youreally had some kind of basic knowledeg or info about Tax and Economic and Financial issues, this would not be such a shock to you.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• People who get their health insurance through an employer wouldn't be affected. Only people that buy subsidized insurance through new exchanges set up by the legislation stand to be impacted

Well I guess since we are " middle class" and get insurence thru my husbands job I guess we will just be happy paying 27 dollars a month for full coverage for 3 people... Oh well
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/08/geithner-wont-rule-out-new-taxes-for-middle-class.html

Before you have a heart attack that this is a "blog", this is George Stephanopoulos' column. He says BO will probably have to break that promise of no taxes on the middle class. Well, hell, we knew that when he started demanding the UHC. You can't have a new $1.5 trillion entitlement program and not tax. He just hoped we were too out of touch to make that connection ourselves. There's a lot of back pedaling, but the bottom line - someone has to pay. The wealthy are already paying an unproportionately amount, the poor are not taxed, so that leaves the middle class. Are you surprised?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I read a great quote:
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 11:35 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Lindalu
    I can't believe you just say oh well, tough luck, when the government wants to slip in a new marriage tax or any other tax for that matter. I'm sorry, but it's people like you who don't deserve the fruits of those of us who know when we are being screwed and get out and try and stop or change it. Americans can prevent this with a bit of noise. Thats all it would take. Why on earth would I want to just get over it? It's you who needs to do a bit of studying on History and the Constitution. This is just what a bunch of liberals want it isn't something they have to do. It has nothing to do woth our current tax law. WE DO NOT HAVE TO BE TAXED EVERY TIME WE TURN AROUND. If you think everything the government is trying to do to America right now is a forgone conclusion then you pay for it. Hello? Don't you know... they work for us and the sooner they figure that out the better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Thank you itsmesteph! I can't believe Lindalu is so glib about new taxes! $2000 a year for those at the povery level is the difference between food on the table or insurance. There should be ZERO....let me be perfectly clear ZERO tax consequences associated with HEALTH care. Simply lowering an income will have health consequences.

The Dems are in charge. When they are in charge it is tax and spend. The only difference is this administration seems bent on spending us into financial collapse.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I said this is nothing new! Can you read? I am not being GLIB. You guys are laughable. I don't like being taxed either. Duhhh.......
    I have known about all that crap since the mid 1960's and while I don't like it, I am not blaming any one administration for this. It is not just HIS fault but I can see you clearly WANT it to be President Obama's fault. You are so clueless. If you hate the fact that we are being taxed, MOVE. Ha. I don't know why I bother to even reply to such immature crap....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I see no appreciable difference between this Admin and the last. Neither was/is fiscally responsible or sound.

he Dems are in charge. When they are in charge it is tax and spend. The only difference is this administration seems bent on spending us into financial collapse. 

I guess the previous Pres was a D masquerading as an R!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Linda- it surprises me as well. I know everyone posting here is not under 35- Where have they and their cries been in the recent years? Was the sky falling on CM in summer/fall of 08? I know that's when MY pocketbook took a huge financial hit.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I wasn't here in 2008 so I don't know what anyone said here. But I know my investments were losing money and by October 1st,2008, they were almost 40% less than in the year before. The Wall Street problems and the Real Estate debacle began gradually in late 2007. ANd we have had some really bad times in the last 50 years too....people were out of work,etc. and it was way back when when there were Republican presidents,too. ANd Democrats. But the slumps in the economy and the unemployment issues happened decades before Obama was even in the Senate. But they need to blame him. If it makes them feel better, then they can just do that. I don't care.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010