What do you think? Have you experienced this and what came out of it?

Ok, I hung out with my guy friend last night who seems to only be interested in doing it but respects that I don't want to. We watched movies last night and kinda talked but he mostly seemed to be texting. I thought it was kinda boring and I feel that he felt the same way. Nothing happened between us. We texted after he left and he told me he had fun. He is leaving in a week and we made a promise to hang out which we did last night. I brought it up that we kept our promise and he told me he wants to hang out again before he leaves but could he just be saying it to be nice? I mean, it was a boring night and we both know that we are never going to be together because we have talked about it and he knows that nothing is going to happen between us. I'm just confused... I never really just hung out with a guy before without doing stuff and he is ok with it even though naughty stuff is all he talks about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Friends hang out. If he's respecting your wishes and still wants to hang out, then hang out. He probably still talks about it b/c he hopes you'll change your mind..he's a guy, they do that. lol If it bothers you that he's always talking about it, then say something and let him know it bothers you. Or, if you really think it was so boring and you don't want to hang out again, then don't hang out again. I kind of think that maybe you're overthinking this a little bit.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Friends hang out. There have been lots of times I've hung out with guy friends - both before I was married and after I got married (my husband knows about it, and knows the guys and is friends with them, too.)

There's nothing wrong with that, and, frankly, sometimes the best relationships can evolve from it - my husband and I were friends first, then we started dating. BUT - you say all he wanted to do was talk about sex. He knew you didn't want to sleep with him, but came over anyway, which would be good. But - because of his actions - he just basically sat there and texted people all night, that says he probably was hoping you didn't really mean it when you said no sex. He was bored, and he was rude, and he basically was ignoring you. If you were hanging out, he would have been watching the movie with you, talking to you (not all just about sex), etc.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• cont

You can try to hang out again if you want, and maybe do something different, play games, go to dinner, whatever. I would suggest that you still don't sleep with him (you don't want it to be where the only time you can have fun is if it's in bed...). When he starts in talking about sex, change the subject or tell him that you aren't going to sleep with him, so could we drop it, please? See how it goes. If you guys have fun, and want to keep hanging out or talking to each other once he leaves, then then great, it was probably just a bad night (with the movie). If not, then you know he's just trying to get in your pants, and find a new friend.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:29 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I get annoyed when my guy friend texts while were hanging out, I try and joke about it and most of the time he will stop, but who wants to hang out with someone who isn't engaged in whatever is going on, be it a movie or just conversation.?..it IS boring to be ignored like that..YAWN...just because you aren't having sex doesn't mean he has to ignore you altogether like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• The best of relationships start out with hanging out and being just friends. The expectation of the possibility of getting intimate is what probably keeps him coming back, if there are feelings there on your part, cultivate this, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Answer by older at 12:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• He'll come hang out unless he finds someone else who wants to do the naughty stuff. It's all about what you want from your time with him. I know if I was bored with someone I'd not go back.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2010