HAS ANYONE EVER USED CHALKBOARD PAINT, AND IF SO- DO YOU RECOMMEND IT ?

I'M GOING TO HOME DEPOT LATER TO BUY IT, BUT WANTED SOME OF YOUR OPINIONS 1ST. IT'S FOR MY CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 11:22 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I did a whole wall of my boys' bedroom in chalkboard paint at our last house. They loved it and so did I. They were able to draw on the walks but not in a way that was destructive and they made some really great pictures! It was super easy and so inexpensive. I'm wanting to do something similar in this house when I redo their bedroom. It's even better if you can find the boxes with multi-colored chalk.

The only downside was the chalk dust. It was hard to sweep up and I had to vacuum between the baseboard and the floor because the dust would get in this teeny-tiny little space there. But when I started washing the wall down once a week, that helped a lot with the chalk dust problem (kids not happy when their masterpieces were washed away but they made more, LOL).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My friend has used it in her classroom when her chalk board fell of her wall. She loves it! She loves it so much she put a smaller version in her daughter's room.
    Mitzi
    jdmgirl

Answer by jdmgirl at 5:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2010