How often do you and your husband get a night out away from the kids and when you do who watches them?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe like twice a month and his Mom or my parents will watch them for the night .
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:45 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Twice a year. My birthday and our anniversary. Sad but true. We don't have any family to watch the kids and really close friends are at least 45 mins away... we use a babysitter that used to be the kid's teacher at their old daycare. She's in her 20's and I feel completely comfortable with her. Unfortunately, its $10/hour, so we don't do it much.

Maybe 4 or 5 times a year we each get out on our own for a girl's or boys night. Actually, I get alot more girl's nights then he get's boys nights...a few times a summer he'll play golf maybe.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my kids are teens- and when they were young-my mother watched them ONCE so we could see a movie on our anniversary -during the day for about 3-4 hours she had them...and a friend watched them ONCE for the same thing.

that's it for us. Our kids went everywhere with us because we did not have people who would watch them and really no money to hire anyone to do it either
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:53 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We get a good amount of just us time. Sometimes she'll go stay with her GG (great grandma) one night every weekend sometimes it's only once a month. My sister takes her for a night every once in awhile she lives a couple hours away though... and his sister takes her for a night when she comes in town for holidays because she's in the Navy. And his aunt sometimes keeps her for a night and his cousin too. So we have alot of family that begs us to keep her for a night or even weekend LOL We usually stay home and watch movies when she stays with family. My mom will occasionaly take her for the day somtimes overnight...
    Babe587

Answer by Babe587 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We get 2 nights every 3-4 months. I have a friend who has offered to take our LO in payment for watching hers. We watch hers for 2 hours 4 days a week and once a month she will take ours over a weekend. Never had to pay for a sitter.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We get to go out alone about 1 to 2 times a month.... My mom usually keeps her over night, because she lives about an hour away from us. Speaking of my mom is keeping her tonight we are going out with some friends and going bowling....
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 12:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Tonight we're going out to dinner. It's easy...we take my son to my parents' house, who are always extremely willing to watch him at any time. They're absolutely crazy about him, and I NEVER have to worry about anything when he's with them. They love him just as much as they've always loved me and my brother, and they're both amazing with babies and would always respect all of my wishes. I'm extremely lucky to have them.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My DH and I haven't had an evening out alone in at least 3 years. Our son is living with autism, and it seems to scare people because they think he'll have a meltdown at a moment's notice, my family expects us to pay them to watch him, and getting a respite caregiver is out of the question because of the cost. It's a good thing we love him more than anything and want to have him with us all the time! Our only break from each other is when he's at school. Sad.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• we hardly ever get out by ourselves! if we do it b/c of some miracle. our church family watchs our kids!
    Abbienjasonsmom

Answer by Abbienjasonsmom at 1:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• At least once a month. We make sure to have datenights and alone time. My son's grandparents watch him and keep him overnight. He loves going to grandma/grandpa's and they love keeping him. I
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010