A government that robs Peter to pay Paul will always have the support of Paul.

I just got this quote from a friend. What do you think? Does it hold true?

justmyopinion

Asked by justmyopinion at 11:37 AM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is very true that "Paul" - the unions and other groups who receive the special benefits of crooked legislative loopholes and grants or pay-offs from the slush funds siphoned out of the stimulus and omnibus bills ... that these recipients of politicians' favors will work to keep them in power.

But the "support of Paul" is not a help to America, because "Paul" does not contribute, "Paul" only demands more and more to be confiscated from "Peter".
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think this administration is counting on it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:41 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I like this!
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 11:44 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yoshi- me too! I think it really sums up our current political climate. There are those that have much to gain under Obama so why wouldn't they think he hung the moon. For those of us that feel like we will be giving up so much, of course we are scared to death!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I like Obama, anon-this is just one of the few witty things I've seen on here.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 11:51 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yoshi and ANON- I don't think of it as anti-Obama, just a quote that really kind of sums up why people like certain politicians and not others. I think its very witty and to the point.
    I think at the core we are not as concerned about the common good as we would like to be or even as we say we are! I think most are survivalist when you come down to it.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 11:55 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think the whole thing would have been more successful if there had been more disciples.
    Anonymous

• How clever and funny. Well, I voted for him but I am not "getting anything out of it" but then,I provide for myself and I don't expect anyone to give me anything,especially not the Government. That sounds to me like you anti-Obama people want something for free?And now you are pouting.
    Anonymous

• Very true! The difference is, though, who you see as Peter and who you see as Paul.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• People have been doing this for years why should our government not do it? Isn't the government for the people and takes its lead from the people? So if people are robbing Peter to pay Paul aren't they saying that that is what they want the government to do? Oh wait its do as I say and not as I do, how stupid of me I forgot. We are supposed to blame the government for all our problems and then say we do not want big government. If we have no government who would we blame our problems on? Darn we might actually have to...gasp...take responsibility for our part of the problem.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2010