How to tell I need to go back to L&D

I was admitted for pre-term labor and was dialated at 3cm. I was discharged Wednesday since the contractions stopped and I didnt dialate any further (they had also given me steroids and magnesium, although I was 33wk 6days and a hr to being 34wks). They told me to come back in if i started to feel the contractions or if anything else changes. I went in yesterday because it had felt like I had broke my water, they did the exam again and they said that I was 4cm and they could feel the babys head and the bag of water. So they had me stay a while to do another exam, the next one they did they said that my bag of water was coming through my cervix and it could pop at anytime. I am at home right now and supposed to go back in tonight for another exam, however I feel different than what I was yesterday, I am still having contractions some painful but others not, and lots of preassure. Should I go in sooner?

tcleveland03

Asked by tcleveland03 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd call L & D and ask them. That's what I did when I wasn't sure

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• if u want that baby to come then jump an jacks if not bed rest til you are through!! but that seems like torture to me yea he will be early an put on oxygen but i rather risk that than getting an infection waiting so long!! good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010