how can i make this better?

so i am the one that keeps track of our bank account. and I failed to record a check that my husband wrote. i knew he wrote it and he asked me if he could spend 300 on something. well i check our account. and we had the money so i said yes... well then we get his check in direct depost and i pay our bills... then i go in to do one that i have to pay online and see that our account was overdrawn. like 5 times.. at 35 dolllars each. 5*35= 175 so i had to called him and told him and he said ok and hung up. now i have to set here and wait till he gets home and i know he is mad.. i just dont know what to do or say.. i really fucked up. to top it off he has had a really shitty week at work. he is getting bitched at by his bosses because he doesnt get enough done but he is 2 people short. then they call him and tell him he has to come in on saturday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• OP: continuted

when he got home yesterday he had to go out and unfreeze our water pipes.ohh and his truck is messing up on his way home. its jut like things keep pilling on him and on him... what can i do just go make him be in a good mood when he gets home.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry. He is having a rotten week and now you have this to face. also. Just tell him how terrible you feel about it and that you know it was your mistake and that in the future you'll try very hard to do better. These are the elements of an apology- acknowledging your mistake, feeling sorry about it, promising to have learned and that you'll do better next time.

Answer by Bmat at 1:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Personally I'd have him some nice hot meal waiting for him and I'd start apologizing fast but that's just me. I'd try to think of ways to cover the over draft fees to help relieve some of the stress. This happens. It's never easy but we learn from these types of mistakes. Good luck.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I doubt you will be able to make him feel good because right now things are going so badly for him. What you need to do is accept responsibility and tell him that you realize what you did wrong and that you are sorry for it. Assure him that you will keep a better eye on the account from now on, we all make mistakes hun. I know it's hard right now because it just seems one more thing has been added to his already bad week. With the boss on his arse it's going to be a stressful time for him. Give him space and allow him to vent. Men need to vent when they are stressed or he may go the other way and just stay silent. Give him your love but make sure to give him space. Try to do something little that is sweet, such as adding a note to his lunch if you make it. State: "I love you. I know things are tough right now. I know things will get better because you are a great man!" or whatever you feel like writing. Lots of thoughts to...
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 1:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• and yours and I hope that things get better! ((hugs))
    AWomansMind

• Just figure where the mistake was made and do your best to correct it. Apologise to him, tell him that youre fixing it. Hopefully he will be understanding about it. Things do happen and mistakes are made. He may be crabby for a while until things start to pick up a little bit, just bear with him and remind him everyday how much you love and appreciate him.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• make sure dinner is done when he gets home and let him take a shower and go to bed or whatever.tell him people forget all the time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2010