new to CD, Questions from a newbie: BG and Rumparooz, difference & problems with BG, suggestions for brands

1)Are bumGenius and Rumparooz the same type of diaper, just a different brand?
2) I just got my bumGenius 3.0. They are soo bulky, baby can not sit up without falling over. Anyone else experience this?
3) My baby is 6 mths old, 14lbs. Should I use the larger or smaller insert. It is so huge and bulky on her with the larger insert.
4) I like the one size, I don't want to have to purchase more in future, but I don't like the bulkiness. I also like the AIO. Any suggestions on brands to try would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

cinbro

Asked by cinbro at 12:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1. no they are different, i own both so let me show you:
    bumgenius, softer outter, uses velcro
    rumparooz, more rubbery feeling outter (still nice but not as soft as bg) uses velcro or snaps, and has the internal gussets to hold in the poo!
    2. Use ONE insert! i have a 22lb 1 year old and have never used more then one insert even at night and no troubles or leaking!
    3. use what ever insert works, try the smaller one if the larger one is too bulky! you will find out quickly if you need to by your wet hip! lol
    4. i used aio's, and i personally was not impressed i only used kushies and a few wahm's that i bought from etsy, (if you want them get ahold of me and i will sell them to you for 5$)
    Good luck and im glad your cloth diapering!
    redmamaof5

Answer by redmamaof5 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010