why is admitting that you mad a big 300.00 mistake so freaking hard?

over drew my checking account now i have to tell my husband... i dont want to. but i know that i have to. he is not going to be happy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You could always go the "it could be worse" route. Tell him you're a lesbian/pregnant/leaving/whichever would scare him more, then say no, but I did overdraw the bank acct.

Course, depending on his sense of humor (or lack of) that could make it worse.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Been there done that. It's gets harder the longer you wait so tell him immediately.:)
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• been there as well (last week) and it has to be done...
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 1:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'd tell him fast to get it taken care of before it increases with more fees.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Do you balance your checkbook? better start. ;-)
    Anonymous

• Aww, I'm sorry OP. My suggestion... tell him before it gets worse. THEN - switch your bank accounts to Chase. You can check online in real time. It is wonderful!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• been there done that, tell him ASAP! the longer you wait the harder it will be, and the worse he will take it!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yeah that sucks, but tell him what you did and how you will fix it. Maybe he won't be so mad then. Good luck.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well he has to be told. I small comfort everyone has done it. Maybe tell him after he has done something wrong and wants forgiveness. Ane you won't so bad.
    KathyH105

Answer by KathyH105 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Tell him and deal with the consequences. We all screw up and have to suffer for our actions or inactions. I have screwed up my husband is loving and supportive so I have never been scared to tell him anything. About 12 years ago I overdrew us a bit and just told him he said I've done that before we will just deal with it. Kissed me on the head and we went on with our day. I double paid a bill by accident. I would get it over with and just tell him.
    Anonymous