How do i help my daughter take a bath happily again?

Recently my 15 month old daughter was given a bath by her father, when it came to being rinsed off, the water went cold. So he continued to rinse her off till she wasnt soapy. Now when i try to give her a bath, she freaks out like its the end of the world. Is it because of the bath or is it a new phase from being a toddler? And what would you do? Help!!! She smells now...

Hailynsmommy

Asked by Hailynsmommy at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you have toys and things for her to do in the tub? Bath her anyways, once she realizes there is nothing to worry about and hopefully she won't be rinsed with cold water again, she should calm down.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 1:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Let her see you put your hand under the water from the facet. then ask her to do the same.
    You can start teaching her the hot/cold difference now too... if the water is cold when you put your
    hand under it act as if it is and ask her to see too... Now of course you are not going to make the
    water real hot, but warming it up will show her that the water isn't always cold...
    And during her bath at any time if it starts to get cold, try to warm it up...
    I always made bathing a game for my gs...we never had any issues...now at 9 he is
    loving the control of the shower...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my ds went through a similar phase, I tried everything new toys, hopping in the tub with him, letting him give a dollie a bath switching the time of day he got a bath but nothing worked, so for a few days he got a bath happy or screaming, after that he learned he was gana get washed and rinsed wether or not he wanted to, he is now 19 months and loves bath time again
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have toys and tried it, And she'll stand out side of the bath and play with them, but when it comes to putting her in it, she panics as soon as her little feet touch the water.. The waters temp is just perfect... Im willing to try anything at this point, but i dont want to traumatize her, ya know?
    Hailynsmommy

Answer by Hailynsmommy at 2:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my sis did this when he kids went through this phase, she took a bath played it up with toys and bubbles just so the kids could see how much fun it is then said ok your turn...it took her youngest longer but he finally loved bath time again
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I got my son a few plastic animals and asked him to give them a bath. It worked for us- but he was about 2.
    Anonymous

• Get in the tub with her and play with her in there.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 10:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010