What items do I need to pack?

I am having a scheduled c-section and would like some advice on what to bring with me.

mandytorrisi

Asked by mandytorrisi at 2:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm having one too, this wednesday to be exact! This is my 3rd baby though so my luggage is light since most of your necessities the hospital provides.

I have my own underwear to go home in, since you're having a c-section bring granny panties because they sit high above the incision and are very comfortable. Bring maternity pants to go home in also, and whatever shirt you want to go home in. You only need 1 outfit.

I packed my own travel size toothbrush & paste, face wash, make up (I like to wear it when my visitors come), camera, phone charger, hairbrush. You don't really need anything to keep you entertained since it's all planned and you will only be in the hospital a few hours before baby arrives, the rest of the time you'll be too busy with baby, but you could always bring a magazine or book in case.

They'll supply all of baby's needs so you really just need a going home outfit. Good luck!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• shampoo, soap, pillow, blanket, camera, loose clothing (yoga pants, large shirts), anything from home that will make you comfortable in your stay at the hospital
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Dont forget boob cream and boob pads,
    Anonymous

• prunes LOL! My sister had one on Halloween and she was soo scared to poop that she OD'd on fiber (juice, water, suppository) cuz the thought of the pain freaked her out!
    OH! n a nursing pillow (boppy or breastfriend) cuz it's gonna be uncomfortable to nurse.

If it's your first, see if doc will approve for you to stay an extra day. Tell doc your in a lot of pain and have no help at home cuz once you get home it might be harder
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• snacks! that's the big thing i wish i had taken when i had my son.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• for mine i packed everything...and only used 1 outfit and all the bathroom stuff....but i did pack a book and some magazines that kept hubby intertained while me and baby slept
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• even with a c section u may need some sanitary napkins.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2010