How do I get paint out of clothing????

My son got paint on one of his t-shirts any ideas how to get it out?

Jarade

Asked by Jarade at 2:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use paint in my daily teaching. once it is dry, it doesn't come out. not with mineral spirits, turpentine, anything. I have ruined MANY a pair of pants teaching theater.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It really depends on what kind of paint you were using. If it's latex paint for on the wall, it's virtually impossible to get it out.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If it's dry you can't get it out. The best advice I can give you is to paint back over the paint with a color that matches his T-shirt and then use it as a play shirt. I have many of my clothes that if you look close enough you can see where I was trying to save the shirt by painting the closest color to the shirt over where I accidently got paint on myself.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• L.A's ausome u can get it at the dollar store, it works for everything from blood to tar on ur car.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2010