what do you think of the name Miriam?

My son's name is Franklin and i'm 16 weeks pregnant. Don't know the sex yet.

But what do you think of the name Miriam? Nickname Miri. My mom's name is Mary so i thought that was kind of nice. Middle name would probably be Mychelle (said like michelle)

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I like Miriam. I'm not personally a fan of using funny spellings for normal names (like Mychelle.)
    Anonymous

• OK so first thought was the movie title "Zach and Miri make a Porno" and then I read your short version you'd call her so, yeah I think of the movie

but that's just my first thoughts, everyone will have an opinion

name your kid what you want to and say screw you to everyone that doesn't like it :D
    Anonymous

• Love Miriam. Not a fan of Mychelle.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i dont like miriam way too old fashioned i feel kids would make fun of that name as she gets older i dont see anything wrong with mychelle my sons name is rease normal spelling would be reese im def a fan of diff spelling :) but name your kid whatever you want dont look at others to tell you yes or no it's what you have to call em for the rest of your life!
    Anonymous

• why don't you switch them and make it Mychelle Miriam? Way less to make fun of because people won't know her middle name and she'll have a cool spelled first name.

trust me, i'm a teenager haha
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My son plays with a neighborhood girl at the park and her name is Miriam, at least that's how I think it's spelled. She's 8 maybe. If you like it, go with it! She won't be the only little girl out there with that name :)
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 3:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• one of my good friends has a little 10mo. old named Miriam..i like it. Your the one that has to be happy with it.
    Anonymous

• I like both names, but I don't think they flow very well together...JMO. I love Miriam though. That name is totally underused.
    Anonymous

• Name her or him what you want. There is nothing wrong with traditional names.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 3:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Miriam is a beautiful Hebrew name. My Hebrew name (I am Jewish) is Raisl Miriam.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2010