Listening Advice??

So how do you discipline your kids? Also, how do you praise them? I think if I can do both of these better, then maybe my kids will listen to me, haha! Any and all advice is very much appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you mean listen as in obey, the best discipline is to spank them when they don't. Children have to be taught that their parents are to be respected, obeyed, and in charge of the household and are therefore to be obeyed. Children are born into this world wanting to be in control, and they have to learn that they are not. The best way for them to be taught all these things is by parental infliction of small amounts of pain to their behinds. The earlier you start it, the better off the family will be. As for praise, you just pile it on when they achieve or even when they make effort to achieve.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• AMEN!
    Anonymous

• OP here!! Yes, I did mean listen as obey...idk why I said it like that, ha!
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 3:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Most parents' problem is saying what you mean and meaning what you say and sticking to it. (Ive been guilty of this too)But I have learned that is the way you get their respect. I tried the counting thing with my oldest 2. IT DOESNT WORK
    lifelovinmom

Answer by lifelovinmom at 6:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• UGH I hit the wrong button and didnt finish lol, anyway, I hate to hear ppl count it just gives kids that much longer to misbehave!
    lifelovinmom

Answer by lifelovinmom at 7:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010