Where in the bible

Where in the bible does it say that God/Holy Spirit won't reveal another's sins to you. Say you're a prophet sent to a town and someone wants prayers instead you consult the Holy Spirit and get told what sins the man is doing that your prayer would not be heard because of this man's iniquity. Scriptures please either for or agianst.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• im confused. why would the HS need to reveal another's sins to you (general) in the first place? it seems a little rude to only say a prayer for someone if they aren't sinners. plus, wouldnt a sinner need prayers more than someone who isnt actively sinning?

i guess i dont understand b/c i dont believe only those not sinning will have their prayers heard. i have no idea where the Bible talks for or against the HS revealing other's sins.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't believe it's necessary for anyone to know someone else's sins to be able to pray for them. That's what intervening for them is all about. A prophet only needs to know there is a sinful nature (which we all have). He would have no need to ask the Holy Spirit the specifics of a sin. I realize I'm not answering your question but I don't remember any scriptures that say we should ask to see the sins of another. That's between the sinner and God

Answer by admckenzie at 2:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't know if the answer is in the bible. But I do believe that we are all sinners and no matter what need prays so we change our sinful ways. And we cannot do it without the holy spirit.
    KathyH105

Answer by KathyH105 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't think Heavenly Father would refuse prayers because of sin (after all prayer is part of repenting of sins).

But (I'm spacing on the exact location) I do remember the Bible story of that couple that lied about how much they had given to the church and the Apostle had their lie revealed to them.

I do think there is a strong matter of stewardship (or people we're spiritually put in charge of) in the matter - a Prophet or Apostle is spiritually in charge of the world, so I suppose they could have anything about anyone revealed to them, but most of us only have stewardship over our own children, or a church leader might have stewardship over their congregation...

...but outside of our direct stewardships, I don't think we have any right to have the dirty details of someone else's life revealed to us like that.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is a scripture that says anything like that.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• A prophet is not like a psychic, you don't have to worry about them knowing all your secrets unless the Lord shows them. And yes the Lord may show a prophet a sin, if He wants to deal with you about it. In the Bible, the prophet Nathan was told to confront David about his adultery and murderous sins, that were weighing on him and destroying his life. It was God's love and grace that sent Nathan. This confrontation gave David the opportunity to repent and get right with God. Sometimes we think God is mad at us, and just having a prophet tell us that God wants us to deal with it, shows us that God loves us so much, still and wants to fix it for us if we let him. He also showed Ezekiel the secret sins of the priests in the temple. God told Peter about the sins of Ananias and Saphira.

cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Our sins do separate us from God. He will refuse to hear our prayers if we refuse to listen to Him.

"When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:15

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear" (Psalm 66:18).

If we are practicing sin, God will not answer our prayers because He is waiting for us to confess our sins and repent. If we don't deal with our sins, and we think we can just ignore it, then He might use someone to help bring us to repentence. That is a good thing.

So yes, the Bible doesn't say that the Holy Spirit won't show us the sins of someone else, because He does reveal sins to people. But if the person prays and asks for forgivenes, "God is faithful and just to forgive us of all sin and cleanse us from all iniquity" 1 Jn. 1:9 : ) and He will then listen to your prayers.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• there are no prophets after jesus. there are no modern day prophets, period.
    Prophecy proclaimed...

Deu 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Fulfilled:
    Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Proclaimed:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; Afte
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Fulfilled:
    Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
    Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
    Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
    Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

missbreezy214