May be a sensitive topic.......................

My friend found out 3 days ago that her 6 year old has been molested. She is having a hard time dealing with it. How do I help her to cope? It hurts seeing her like this and I just wanna help her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It is a really tramatic thing for a little girl to go through it, even when you go through it at 13 like i did. First you need to know that your friend made a great first step by acknowledging it. My mother simply dismissed the whole thing and made me out to be a liar. Something that is pretty much mandatory in this situation is therapy. She is going to need it and so is her daughter. It would be in the daughter's [and maybe the mother's] best interest for it to be a women therapist than a man. You just need to be supportive of this, suggest this, maybe find a few really good books and help her, maybe even go with her, to therapy. This will make things at least start to go in the right direction of a better, healthier life for the both of them

hope this helps
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ANYONE?????
    Anonymous

• She should put the person away that did it, that could make her feel a bit better, I don't think anything could make be feel okay if that would ever happen to my kids. I would probably try killing the sicko.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• She needs to find a support/therapy group for herself and her family.
    Anonymous

• Thank you so much. Her daughter is in therapy for it. CPS made it mandatory that she go. She starts next week. But that is a really great suggestion for the mother. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    Anonymous

• He was arrested on the charges yesterday.
    Anonymous