my nephew goes to the toilet and is wiping his bottom all the time when he goes but it is already clean.

going to the toilet continuosly feels the urge to go passing urine no problem and the urge to have a bowel movement but then he is continuosly wiping his bottom even though it is clean .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'd take him to the doctor to check for infection.
    Anonymous

• Seriously? The kid wants to be clean and your complaining? Get...over....it.........
    Anonymous

• If he complains about pain or itchiness or discomfort, take him to a doctor to check for infection, as was already mentioned. Other than that, if you don't notice any other strange or extremely obsessive behaviors, enjoy having a little boy who likes being clean. Chances are he likes to feel clean or he's in a phase of experimenting with certain sensations, etc. Not something to panic about.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• How do you even know this?
    maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 5:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry but I am with the previous poster on this one. How do you know that he keeps trying to wipe himself clean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• He could have worms. Id def have him checked if he itches or is constantly wiping.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• popcornWaiting to see the answers on this one!!!

Maybe hemoroids? But ya, how do you know he does this? I mean do you like stare at his butt after he "goes"???

Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• WHY do you know this??? He's your nephew. Given that the question is posted in this particular section, I'm assuming he's at least 9 years old. Why is anyone in the bathroom watching a 9 year old using the toilet?
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• She doesn't say anywhere in her post what age he is. He could be 3 or 4 for all you guys know, so give her a break.

To the OP: Some kids are just neat freaks, or maybe have gotten in trouble for not wiping well in the past, so they just "over do it" on the toilet paper. They are either trying to be really clean, or they are making sure not to get their underpants dirty. If he's not complaining about any pain or itching, if he's not having any other kinds of symptoms then he should be fine.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2010

• Momofjandm... WHY would you post a question about anything BUT a 9-12 year old in this section?????? The title of the section is "TWEENS (9-12). That would just be ... well stupid.
    I still want to know WHY and how she knows this...
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 13, 2010