Is it common?

Is it common for mothers to make their baby's food rather than buying jarred? I really like making it but it's a lot of time on top of the bagillion other things i need to get done, so, hm?

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I made our own and we used bought. We used bought stuff when we went out but when we were at home I got out the baby food grinder. lol it is an antique, my mom used it for me!
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 3:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I always bought jarred food. I did occasionally make his food, if I was making something I thought he might like but couldn't find jarred (for example, mac & cheese).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Jarred food is not nearly as filling as homemade food because it's mixed with water. I could never keep my child full with jarred food. It's also cheaper and healthier to make your own. It's very easy to do, you just set aside some time on a sunday night and make food for the whole week. I'm a working mom of 3 and still find time to do it, so it's easy. Check out "Super Baby Food."
    Anonymous

• I babysit a one year old little girl. Her Mom has had babyfood from the store, at first. I would use the Gerber graduates fruit cereal pieces to put in her spoon of food. Then, she would eat the babyfood. But now, she has is giving me home made food that she did herself. She prefers that so much more. You can make rice and put pieces of chicken, or carrots in the food. She eats so much more of it too.
    AnnGodette

Answer by AnnGodette at 3:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Much better for your Babe if you make it yourself, it is well worth your time and energy. I made all my own and know how time consuming it is, but it is a better payoff in the end. Much healthier. and made with Love ;)
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It was not hard. I had a mini-food processor for home and a hand food mill for when we were out. I just pureed whatever vegetables or fruit we were eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010