It feels like we're drifting apart!!

Ive been with my BF for 6 years,and we have a 3 year old son together.Here lately it seems as if we're drifting apart or something. Nothing is how it used to be,there just doesnt seem to be the "flair" that was there when we first fell for each other. I know having a family changes things,but anymore its like he is just off in his own world. Whenever we're home he spends most of his time down in the basement watching tv,or outside "fixing" something. Hes a good dad - but it seems like whenever something or someone irritates him I'm the one that has to listen to his bitching and hollering instead of him trying to talk about anything.He doesnt barely touch me or say "i love you" unless I say something about him NOT doing it.I just dont understand what happend,he's changed so much. Whenever I try talking to him he gets SO defensive! Any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds like the two of you need to start dating again! You need to start dating your BF, and he should still be trying to court you. You have reached what many people refer to as the seven year funk. My husband and I hit that around year six too. You just have to find ways to spice up your relationship and make time for eachother.

It is great that you have a family, but you need a relationship as well. If you don't have that, the family part will fall apart. I have a book to recommend to you it is called "How to Date Your Wife." I know you aren't married, but there are some good ideas for dates for couples who have been together for a while. Unforetunately, you might have to be the one to instigate this for a while. Doesn't sound like he would be up for it for the first little bit.

I hope that this helps you and your BF to make things work. Good luck to you!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I agree with pp. Rent the movie fireproof and you will see that when you forget to grow with your so that things fall apart. You have to work everyday at a relationship and never stop learning about your so. There is a love dare book that is a 40day journey to help your marriage. Watch the movie and see if it helps sway you in trying the love dare. Good Luck
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I suggests that u start doing those thing you were doing 6 years that made u guys fell in love with each other, to spice up your relationship, I know that having a child can put a strain in a couple's relationship but take care of yourself i.e appearance ,lose weight if u added, find time to be together and carefully using a subtle tone tell him how u feel about his behavior. I wish u happiness and reconciliation.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 5:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• He has "settled in" with the family life. It's all good

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie. He's settled in. Just go with it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• He's cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2010