How would you have handled it?

If your dh told you something about you that needed alittle adjustment would you try to take it as a positive thing or would you jump down his throat...?...lol

For example I have been letting my hair grow out and lately I have been wearing it in a bun...well today I got ready to go out with the family and I fixed my hair really nice put alittle makeup on and we left but then later he told me I just might need to cut my hair...I said...why? He said it looked to thin on the ends of my hair...I was like (damn in my mind) I thought it looked nice but my hair is thinner than when I was back in school...lol Should I just get it cut to a decent length right now it is passed my back bra strap and in layers should I get shorter layers? I am just tired of arguing over petty shit...I give up and give in...lol Just to keep peace in the household...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• well its your hair.. lol.. my DH always has opinions on mine too, and i usually try and do what he likes (color wise and cut wise) but not style wise.. lol mine is usually in a messy pony unless we go somewhere.. I do try and keep the length like he wants (he doesnt like short hair on a girl) just b/c i figure he is the one who has to look at me and sleep with lol..
    But in the end its your hair and your choice!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I am the type of person. That if my DH was to critique how I looked or dressed or whatever. I would get pissed and tell him off. I do not appreciatepeople telling me they do not like something about me. Especially my DH.

Answer by louise2 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I would only cut it to please my husband AND if I like the idea too. Why don't you suggest to your husband that you both go out and do a little maintenance?
    Anonymous

• I have noticed that men often say what is on their mind... usually they are way too honest... and they do not mean to do this to hurt us... they do it to just be honest cause they want us to look good and do not want to hear the "how could you let me leave the house looking like that ?" one day or even 5 years down the road when we finally realize it in a photo album. I have often noticed that thinner hair does look frumpy when it gets long cause it gets limp and lacks body... a good way to fight this is add a curl or wave to it... or maybe give it some layers... I have extremely thick hair and I cannot wear it up at all in private functions because I have to go to the extreme of shaving half my nape to tame it... My hubby tells me when my hair is starting to look like a lions mane and I know he is just trying his best to be endearing! They are really not trying to put their foot in their mouth or trying to hurt you...
    ccmello

Answer by ccmello at 1:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• u could just have the ends trimmed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i would be pissed ! and if you feel comfortable with you hair long leave it ...you could cut shorter layers but you would still have your hair looking thin
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 4:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2010